About Recite Me
Recite Me is a leading provider and innovator of inclusivity and accessibility tech, with clients and a user base on a global scale. In recent years Recite Me has seen huge growth and produce diversity and as a result we’re looking for a passionate and driven front end developer to join our rapidly growing development team.
As one of our front end developers you will be involved in developing UI and UX designs into pixel perfect performant websites. We’re looking for an individual that has a keen eye for design, looking to further their skills across web/mobile, and takes an interest in front end best practices including UX design.
Working with a team of like-minded, passionate developers and other key stakeholders you will also have the opportunity to grow within your career, learning new skills and perfecting existing ones as you go.
About the Role
You will be involved in the front end development of a range of existing and new products, including those that are already used by a worldwide audience. You will work under the lead of an existing front end developer to both plan and implement beautiful, engaging front end experiences. Your day to day will involve team meetings, management of your own schedule and User Experience (UX) tasks as well as developing in HTML, CSS and front end JS frameworks such as vanilla JS, jQuery and React.
- A solid understanding of HTML 5 and CSS 3.
- Experience using versioning software such as Git.
- Knowledge of css preprocessors such as less/sass.
- Basic knowledge of package managers and build tools like NPM and WebPack.
- A good awareness of browser compatibility issues.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience.
- Experience using Adobe XD is preferred but not essential.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Maintain and enhance existing web projects.
- Liaising with the design and development teams when needed.
- Write clean and precise code in an efficient manner.
- Able to work to tight schedules by following predefined sprint plans.
- Adhere to accessibility standards following WCAG compliance.
- Optimise web pages for maximum speed and scalability.
- Optimise web pages to adhere to basic SEO standards.
- Create animations and transitions that enhance the design and UX.
- Passionate with a desire to deliver world-class products
- Organised and self-motivated
- An excellent communicator (verbally and written), capable of inspiring colleagues and clients
- Open to criticism from your team to benefit project development
- Always eager to learn and to share knowledge
- Comfortable with pressure and deadlines and can work in a fast-paced environment
- 22 Annual days holiday plus bank holidays
- Competitive salary
- Social events
- Social drinks on a Friday
- Opportunity to work with a close-knit, motivational team in an established global company
- Top-end tech
- On-site parking
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working allocation if based in the office
40 Hour Per Week, Flexible start (08:00-10:00) and end times (16:30 – 18:30)
Please apply with your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org